Sunday, October 9, 2016

Standing on His Promises


I arrived in Kenya safe and sound on the 18th of August. Slowly, daily, it hits me that I am finally back in East Africa, like I had hoped, dreamed and wished for so many years. I was fortunate to find my dad here and he was gracious enough to accompany me to my new home, Chogoria where I was ever so warmly welcomed, as pictured above. With every major transition in my life, my family has been very supportive and instrumental in my keeping sanity. My father in particular has been my number one champion and has accompanied me to all my new homes; and I have had many new homes. This time was no different and words cannot express how grateful I am. You see, my dad has absolute faith in us his children. He doesn't just say it but often shows it. This faith and support have given me strength to think myself capable of doing just about anything. I know his love is an earthly representation of my Heavenly Father's love and support that can never be matched (Philippians 4:13).

With Grandma and Uncle Pangras 
Prior to starting ministry in Chogoria I had the wonderful opportunity to travel and visit family. Every time I visit Rwanda I spend tome with my grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins and I am always refilled with this wonderful feeling of belonging in this big big world. Although I grew up very far from them they always make me feel like I've always been there, and are very quick to catch me up and make me feel like I never left. I am also grateful for modern technology that allows us to keep in touch. My family, nuclear and extended, has been instrumental in my ability to achieve anything worth mentioning. They have prayed and fasted for me during the the difficult times and have rejoiced with me as God got me through them. Their love and support are truly gifts from God. I was especially excited to see my grandmother, who doesn't appear to age. I thank God for keeping her and continuing to strengthen her. She makes me laugh and fills me with so much joy and happiness. I enjoyed getting to know my uncles and aunts better and realizing just how fascinating they are. As a child and young adult we sometimes forget that our parents have personalities and are people too! The older I get the more I am able to appreciate them as more than family but as people I would be privileged to call friends.

While enjoying my time off I was also applying and mostly waiting for my permits and license to practice here in Kenya. This process, as anyone who has gone through it will attest, requires a lot of patience and prayer but through my time of vacation, prayer, and family-time I have come to learn more and more to depend on God and His peace that "surpasses all human understanding". I must confess there were times that I was struck by spiritual amnesia and I begun to wonder when and if my licenses would come through, but God has been patient with me as He reminds me daily that He is faithful, even when I am faithless (2 Timothy 2:13). So I continue to wait on Him knowing that He has brought me this far and will never leave nor forsake me (Deuteronomy 31:8). His plans for me are good and perfect and I choose to daily put my trust in Him.

I am now back in Chogoria and have been here for one week. Everyday I witness the path He has made straight before me (Proverbs 3:5-6). He has placed me in a beautiful place with beautiful people and kind hearted co-laborers. I am looking forward to the adventure that he has in store for me here in Chogoria. More to come on this, so stay tuned...


Pyrethrum field where my late grandpa and I walked hand in hand everyday when I was a toddler

3 comments:

  1. Yay Provi!!!!! I'm so excited to hear that you're doing a blog so that I can know what is going on with you!!!! Congratulations and Hallelujah for your current endeavor! Thank you for sharing, please post as much as possible, and I'm praying that the Lord would bring us together again soon!!! Xoxoxo Amber "Hamba/Moozoongoo"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful testimony. Welcome back to your other home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Provi, your passion gives me hope

    ReplyDelete